Top World Destinations

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Apple Picking


I always believe that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. That is why I can't resist apple picking. I love the Gala apple especially the crispy gree variety. Some varieties are bright yellow-red colour with crisp mild sweet flavor. I love PYO (Pick Your Own) apple, and this year we went to Alferri and Sons Farm, in Steeles at Brampton. The farm is noted for strawberries or apples, pumpkin and corn. I love the farm store, the Apple Cider Store where home made apple desserts, apple sauce, pies and much much more are sold. They also have pumkins for sale and with Halloween coming it's a hot buy.


PYO is fun and with my little kid who also loves to eat apple. It's fresh and no added coats to preserve it's freshness. I can't help but stay a little bit under the tree while enjoying the freebies. Yes, it's free to eat as you can and you only pay for the ones you picked and put in a basket. I look forward for next year's strawberry and apple picking.
Bookmark and Share
posted by The Blogger is .. at 2:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home